Honouring our Past, Envisioning our Future
An update on our Third Century Celebrations in 2022
Here’s a recap of what we have accomplished to date:
1. Installation of eucharistic doxology script on lower portion of balcony. “Glory to God whose power working in us can do more than we can ask or imagine”.
2. Planting of five memorial trees on church campus; base plaques to be installed in late spring.
3. Installation of celebration banner on west tower entrance.
4. Memorabilia: tower crosses and pewter ornaments for sale
5. Installation of the Locke Stained Glass in parish hall LED lit cabinet.
6. Remediation of the Smith Monument and Garden; plaque to be installed in spring.
Here’s what’s underway and ongoing:
7. Weekly writings by Rev’d Dr Graham Cotter culminating in a book entitled The Quantum Christ, bringing together Graham’s lifetime devotion of engaging in a dialogue of religion and science.
8. Fr William’s soon to be released announcement of The Mind Of Christ Project with insights from the expanding field of neurotheology, and pastoral applications in the areas of meditation and prayer, music and the arts, memory and forgetting, morality and ethics.
9. Acoustical remediation of the parish hall.
10. Rectors’ Gallery: photos of our 30 rectors to be matted and displayed in sacristy hallway.
11. Development of a plan to financially assist Fare Share Food Bank and Greenwood Coalition under leadership of Phil Redford.
Here’s what is still being planned:
12. Rescheduling of visit of Rt. Rev. Riscylla Shaw, Area Bishop of Trent-Durham.
13. April 24: St. Mark’s Day (25th): Visit of The Most Rev. Linda Nicholls, Primate of Canada
14. May 15: Visit of the Rev. Dr. Das Sydney, President of the Canadian Council of Churches and wth an afternoon ecumenical service inviting all the area clergy and churches.
15. June 5 (Day of Pentecost): Visit of the Rt. Rev. Andrew Asbil, Bishop of Toronto. Invitation to extended family especially sons and daughters. Lunch and entertainment with Simon Cotter, well-known comedian and son of Graham Cotter.
16. Although there are plans to feature musical and artistic events with a variety of performers and concerts, these are ON HOLD presently and will be dependent on COVID protocols.